WHY USE ZRL
- Bulk haulage capacity: ZRL is able to able to transport a maximum of 1,200 tons per train at once. This translates into 40 loaded road trucks.
- Convenience: ZRL gives access to all Zambia’s economically strategic towns. These are towns where mining, agriculture, and other industrial activities take place. Through private sidings, customers can enjoy door to door service delivery.
- Security: ZRL provides security for goods in transit. Trains are secured from handover at departure to handover at the customer upon arrival.
- Flexible Pricing and Competitive Rates: Our rates are flexible and competitive. Backhaul to suit customers budget.
- Variety of Wagons: We have different wagon types for loading various commodities, tailored to suit customer needs.
- Bilateral and Multilateral relations with neighboring railways in the Democratic Republic of Congo (SNCC), Zimbabwe (NRZ), Tanzania (TAZARA), and South Africa (TFR), Mozambique (CEAR), Malawi (CDN) and Beit bridge Bulawayo Rail (BBR). These Business agreements facilitate the smooth flow of exports, imports and transits across the various railways.
…In addition, RAIL:
Lessens congestion on the roads and assists in improving the lifespan of our roads
Our active market is made up of 6 major segments as follows:
- Inter-mine: This is traffic that moves between the mines within Zambia.
- Local: This is traffic that originates and is destined within Zambia.
- Export: This is traffic that originates from Zambia and is destined across borders of Zambia.
- Import: This is traffic that comes into the country from other borders.
- Transit: This is traffic that runs through the Zambia Railways Limited network: originating from, and destined to over border destinations.
- Passenger Service: We offer Ordinary and mixed Passenger train services with a scheduled timetable.
Zambia Railways Limited
Kafue River Avenue
P.O. Box 80935
Mobile: +260 968 195 163
Manager Business Development
Mobile: +260 977 799 778