- Bulk haulage capacity: ZRL is able to able to transport a maximum of 1,200 tons per train at once. This translates into 40 loaded road
- Convenience: ZRL gives access to all Zambia’s economically strategic towns. These are towns where mining, agriculture, and other industrial activities take place. Through private sidings, customers can enjoy door to door service.
- Security: ZRL provides security for goods in transit. Trains are secured from handover at departure to handover at the customer upon arrival.
- Flexible Pricing and Competitive Rates: Our rates are flexible and competitive. Backhaul to suit customers
- Variety of Wagons: We have different wagon types for loading various commodities, tailored to suit customer
- Bilateral and Multilateral relations with neighboring railways in the Democratic Republic of Congo (SNCC), Zimbabwe (NRZ), Tanzania (TAZARA), and South Africa (TFR), Mozambique (CEAR), Malawi (CDN) and Beit bridge Bulawayo Rail (BBR). These Business agreements facilitate the smooth flow of exports, imports and transits across the various railways.
- In addition, rail freight lessens congestion on the roads and assists in improving the lifespan of our roads
Our active market is made up of 6 major segments as follows:
- Inter-mine: This is traffic that moves between the mines within Zambia.
- Local: This is traffic that originates and is destined within Zambia.
- Export: This is traffic that originates from Zambia and is destined across borders of
- Import: This is traffic that comes into the country from other borders.
- Transit: This is traffic that runs through the Zambia Railways Limited network: originating from, and destined to over border
|Manager Business Development:
name: Agness Chaila
mobile: +260 950000121 / 977 799 778
|Manager Sales & Commercial:
name: Kingfred Chanda
mobile: +260 950 000 337 / 968 195 19